Landing






On a desire/whim, I decided to check out Vallecito Reservoir near Durango and Bayfield, CO. I stumbled around and found a beach and campground, and enjoyed my time writing and chilling in the wind and sun. Then I decided to walk up the road and find another view, to find a better view of the mountains, supposedly. The nest hit me like a lightning bolt. Whoa, that's cool! I decided to check it out, and as I got closer I heard the chicks, calling for food, mama or papa.

I was walking down the road near the nest, thinking it sure would be cool to get a glimpse of mama or papa. At the time I had no idea what type of birds were in the nest or to return, but I was excited. And then it showed up - swooping in and then pulling up and flying off. It had seen me, I thought. It, I knew, was an osprey. Even though I had only seen one in books, I knew. I found a boulder off the road with a beautiful angle on the nest and settled in, waiting and anticipating.

My patience was rewarded. I thank the Creator for this opportunity.

Comments

Popular Posts