Today's Thoughts

I keep reaching for materials. I keep lusting after things. Hard to say what I'm really reaching for, but it's sort of like grasping for birds. They fly by. They land. They fly away. If they are wild, which I prefer, they do not often land on my hand. Certain people are so gracious that birds will land on them, for a moment, and bless them, then fly away.

The wild bird cannot be grasped. Love is what connects it all. But as a wise one has said around the topic of materialism, we are Spirit in a material world. Sounds like some old Madonna lyrics. Somehow I'm in the process, over and over it appears, to understand what it means to be in a material world as an eternal being. We are, after all, infused with God-stuff, and thereby, Forever.

What to make of those who have not, those who are experiencing a reality where they do not have the basics covered? I talk about the basics of life almost everyday at Mesa Verde, on my tours. I'll do 3 hours worth of education tours tomorrow, and much of that will be about those basics: food water shelter love.

We all have lives to live, and I believe we all have different roles to play. Some of us feel called to fight for justice in the inner city, to be a light to people we meet, to call for government accountability, to bring down the Taliban, to revolution in this country, to revolution and throwing down of the power structures.

I guess that leads me to my answer: I'm working on nothing but love. Loving my self, my life, my work, and when I have love, I'll share it. Love myself, then give out of my abundance.

Love yourself. Then watch.- Buddha.
Love God with everything. Love your neighbor as you love Yourself.- Jesus.

Comments

Popular Posts