The Value of Beauty

Beauty. What's it worth to me? Intangibles in life are not easily tagged with a price.

Laughter. Joy. Do prices or values come to mind? When I think "i-Pod" a price soon pops into my head. The joy that I experience when a song on my i-Pod thrills me or moves me to cry is invaluable. Can't buy it. Can only experience it.

What if I do something that puts me into turmoil? I chose to move to Cleveland, OH. It has been an amazing time. So much experience in such a short span. I gave up the comforts of my old life to grow. Was the move worth it? I have felt joy, love, sadness, anger, fear, humility and physical life, to name a few. This experience is that of the Creator, of choosing to live and to let go of control. It's why I'm here. And it's been beautiful.

So you tell me. What's beauty worth to you? I invite you to comment now.

Comments

genkiboy said…
beauty is my five-year-old daughter sleeping peacefully with her arms wrapped around one of her many stuffed animals.
dear genki, i can only imagine what seeing that is worth to you. the picture in my heart of that will stick with me for a long time. thank you for sharing.
scott
Unknown said…
beauty comes disguised in many different forms. Sometimes it takes upheaval and change to facilitate and expand our awareness of it.
Maybe the things we see that don't seem lovely have a place, too? The ugly parts? The shadow side of life is beautiful? I can see that. It's not a side of life I like to look at, but I get it. I really hear you, Teresa. Thank you.
Scott

Popular Posts