Letting it Out

Penstemmon in Leaders Park, Sioux Falls.
What has become apparent: I have to write. There can be no mistaking it. Overall, my health improves when I put myself out there. And that's the difficulty of it and the point. Putting one's self on a page, for art, for self expression is a process of stripping off layers of armor. We do this all the time. We make friends. We reach out, testing the waters with someone.
Do you want to be my friend? It's our most basic unspoken question and one that boils us down to essentials quickly.  Sometimes, in our innocence, we are able to speak it. Innocence and boldness and daring are traits which are easy to lose in adulthood. They are not lost permanently, however, but are strengths, or muscles which must be worked out.
Writing from the heart is the real practice, as well. It's what helps me release what's inside. It's what helps me get the God Energy within me and put it out into the world. And if I don't put that out of me, it will stay inside and get stuck within. And when an energy gets stuck within, it can create a blockage - stagnant energy within blocking the healthful flow of my life force energy, the God Energy. It creates dis-harmony and eventually, dis-ease or better known as disease.
This stuff has to come out. For my health. It doesn't matter what happens with it. What I'm discovering is that the energy within me must come out.

Post Script
I wrote this and saved it over a year ago. I'm just now posting it because I think it's still relevant and I'm definitely enjoying putting these things out there. This blog has been all but abandoned in recent times. I would like to bring it back to life: more art, more photography, more travel posts when available.

Thanks for checking back.

Scott

Comments

Popular Posts