Built on Sand(stone)

This is a picture of the sandstone blocks from the Bellville UU church building. Construction was started in 1894 and completed in 1897. There's a Wikipedia page for this building and organization that also links to the National Register of Historic Places. I love this building, and really enjoyed the people I met inside. This picture doesn't do the sandstone justice. It's beautiful, and all of it was quarried locally. I'm sure glad I went there, and so glad to have found a group of friends in Bellville outside of my work.

Unitarian Universalist-ism is an interesting thing to behold. I love the accepting, intelligent, questioning atmosphere and the fact that people are seeking to live a kinder, more gentle life, while leaving a smaller "footprint" on our friend Mother Earth.

Comments

Popular Posts