This Week at Camp

I'm at a different camp this week. The camp staff from Templed Hills in Bellville, OH, has moved for the week to Pilgrim Hills, near, well...I'm not sure what town we're near. It's 10 miles or so to Danville, OH, but there may be another tiny town closer.

This location is much harder to get a cell phone call to or from, but it does work a little. I've been feeling a little transition anxiety these last few days. I feel as though I have no concept of where I am - it's a disorientation. One thing I've struggled with is keeping track of stuff. I left a bunch of stuff at the other camp that I needed here. Leaving my stuff here, there, and everywhere adds to that confusion for sure. Oh, well, I'm still having fun. I'm at camp, how could I not?

I will say that I've been a little more irritable than usual, and I've had a hard time coming out of my shell and relaxing around my coworkers. It's part of having to take everything in on the fly, with kids in the mix. Still, I'm getting paid to go hiking and play. Rough job, dude.

Comments

Popular Posts