LOVE: The Biggest Dream of All


I love this little sketch. It represents a dream of mine to spend lots of time in Hawaii. It's in my new dreambook (thanks for the inspiring example, Victoria). I just started creating my dreambook - these are things that I think about when it comes to dreams. Abstract sketching is one of my favorite arts, because it's a very free thing, like me.

"Isn't it amazing how real God is?" is a recent quote from my friend Liz. I work with Liz at JCPenney's in Sioux Falls. She and I have begun discussing God, church, religion, etc. I've trusted her with my own belief that you, me, we all are God. She's a great sport, and I'm glad to discuss these things in depth with her -we've developed a level of trust. I've had similar conversations lately with an old college friend, Jami, though only on facebook. It's all about Love, and about God, and how Love can work in the world through me and you.

Within this lifetime I have come nearly full circle, returning to a better practice of Love/Creator/God/Oneness/Everything/etc., one that fills me up with Love for those around me. It's what I call God, and it's what I am. I just have to call it up in me. I spend some time briefly asking for God to be in me. This could also sound like "Dear Higher Self, come close. Let's love everyone at school today." Higher Self is the part of me that is an Angel, that is on the Other Side, that will greet me when I leave this life. All that this is about is a way to let God's Love come through me and into the world. I don't need anyone to interceed for me.

Once I invite God/God Self/Higher Self in, I center my spirit in my body by breathing deeply and joyfully, into my heart. I might even spend some time choosing thankful thoughts. My drive into work has been especially good for this. The drive is about 30 minutes. I love it - it's a beautiful time to be awake and alive. And I'm not religious about it - if it doesn't happen, I'm not going to get down on myself. God's Love/My love can then flow out of me. It makes a remarkable difference in how I view life and those in it.

Learning to Love everything is my biggest dream in life. Here's to BIG dreams!

Comments

Popular Posts