The Scott Effect

It all started when I first visited Kate in Cleveland in November 2006. Evidence presented hereafter.

Exhibits A & B. I found out about "the Scott Effect" soon after my first trip to Cleveland. The Ohio State Buckeyes clinched a Big Ten football title in the fall of '06, and they went on to a BCS championship game appearance. After my first visit. Then, the OSU men's basketball team made a run to the NCAA championship game. After my second visit.

Exhibits C. That same November '06, when I first graced Ohio soil, the Cleveland Cavaliers started a season that culminated in their first trip to the NBA Finals. I was outside the Quicken Loans Arena the night the Cavaliers won the Eastern Conference Championship. On my third visit to Cleveland.

Exhibit D. On the same night in June that the Cavs won the East, I was outside Jacob's Field, which is adjacent to the Quicken Loans Arena. Through a knothole I witnessed my first bit of Indians baseball at the Jake. Later in the summer, I ended up moving to Cleveland and went to a bunch of Indians games. The Indians won the Central Division during that '07 season (sorry Twins, I guess I couldn't turn my charms off at will). Then the Indians beat them damn Yankees in the League Division Series. I witnessed firsthand the most crucial and exciting of the games, an 11 inning Indians victory. Had I not been in the front row that night, who knows what would have happened?

Exhibit E, etc. I attended a pre-season Browns football game at "the Stadium," this fall. Since then the Brownies have gotten into a playoff hunt few predicted. Oh, and those OSU Buckeyes won another Big Ten football title, and are back in the BCS title game.

Behold, "the Scott Effect."

Living in O-H, I-O has been good to me, but one could argue that it has been even better for sports fans in Cleveland and Ohio to have me here. If only they knew the effect I've had. If they did, I'm sure we could figure out payment arrangements.

Comments

Spoke-N-Sport said…
Can I hire the "Scott Effect" to buy me some raffle tickets or maybe even a lottery ticket or two? You coming home for the holidays?
Yes, the Scott Effect is for hire! And yes, I'll be home for Christmas! Talk to you soon, spoke.
S

Popular Posts