Saturday/Sunday Thoughts


Me with whiskers...what my co-workers call "evil Scott."
Went hiking today up Chicken Creek, and got rained and pelted on with some light hail. Good times. I did like it, actually. I especially liked getting out of the rain when the temps reached 48. Raincoats and forethought are wonderful things.

Here you see me tucked into one of my favorite hiding spots, the lovely Spruce Tree Coffee House. I'll miss my pseudo-friends here when I leave this place. I've found that most of my friendships are fleeting or shallow, and are often a lot like commercial friendships. I buy mocha, they smile and we carry out a social transaction. For me it reminds me of dating!

Meanwhile I've grown "away" from many of my old college friends, and while I feel a bit of sadness about that, I realize that my life choices do that. Moving, choosing this job and lifestyle all add up to a little isolationism. Sitting, drinking coffee and writing my life for web consumption do that as well.

Tomorrow I'm going to Telluride, to the bank, to go hiking, etc., and my friend Ali might come along. I've hung out with her as much as anyone this summer, and look forward to a continued friendship with her when we go our separate ways in less than one month. Just like so many others friends, I keep them with social fishing line.

Comments

Popular Posts