Friends, and Growing


It's been a great day for friendships, a great few days in fact. I've connected with a long-time friend, Alfreda. We met in Farmington, NM, had coffee, and enjoyed our time catching up, exploring life and what we want from it, and just generally being real with each other. We've always shared something really great, and I'm grateful for that.

Recently I became friends with a woman from Cortez. We had been acquaintances, friends in a very "see ya 'round" kind of way, and now we are going to hang out. That's wonderful for me, since I think she's great. I'm glad to have at least one friend who's not from the park.

And, I have a date with another woman, a second date. It's not for sure when that will happen, but I believe it will. She is a special woman, and someone I admire. Looking forward to seeing where that might go.

Beyond all that, I've recently discovered that certain people I've hung with this year I don't like, but some I know I really do like, or I don't like them in certain situations, like when they are getting drunk. Never been one for that alcohol gig, at least not much of it. Some's fine, but "drink 'til 'ur drunk" is not my idea of good friendship or a good time.

I'd like to think that some of this has come as a result of me looking at my situation more deeply and acknowledging my own humanness. I'm not sure that's what this is, but it's natural for me to examine changes I feel, and I'm feeling a change.

Who am I? What am I choosing? I am choosing to be the God That I Am. You can do it too. It's a humbling thing to admit, being An Expression of the Most High, and having my own free will at the same time. I'd sooner not admit it, but I Know It, and so I'll say it. At least here, I will.

Comments

Popular Posts