Nesting


Nesting is a way of life, and I've got a desire to nest. Finding these friends along my path in Sioux Falls' outdoor campus reminded me of that. I don't need to have children to nest, but I wouldn't mind having a place to settle in, keep my own yard and have a place from which to launch my adventures.

This photo makes me very happy. I took maybe 15 pictures of these ducks, working to get just the shot, the precise focus, the drake with his head up, the gleam from his head. This was the last shot I took of these ducks, and I actually had walked away before listening to something telling me to go back, get exactly what I wanted. And it happened.

Irony: I'm traveling, heading west to Mesa Verde, CO, for another session of Park Ranger-ing, for another six months. But it could be a means to an end. That's how I'm approaching it. And, it still is the funnest job I've ever had.

Comments

Popular Posts