When you live here...


This farm, less than a mile away from Fairview, SD, is nestled into the Big Sioux River valley. I took this picture from the bluff above the river, standing in Iowa.

Winter can get long, so I've developed some strategies that allow me to come through winter unscathed, so to speak. First thing I've done is mixed a variety of arts into the fun. I concentrate more on my photography, but writing and painting play a part as well.

Second, snowboarding has saved my life. I love to ride, and love getting better. I can feel it now and then when I find my balance, and gain some confidence. Truth is, I don't do much that's fancy. Don't need to, but am now hoping to advance my skills. Charging down our little hill last night, I remembered what I love about snowboarding. I love the feeling of flow, of groovin'. When things are going well, that's how it feels coming down the hill.

Third, I've added more color to my wardrobe. Putting on colorful clothing reflects more of my true Being and brightens my day.

And lastly, I've really enjoyed getting to be with Molly this winter. Spending time with her adds to my sense of life's good-ness.

Comments

Popular Posts