Birth

I celebrated my birth with dear friend Kate today. She must like me, or something. I threw a party for a few hundred of my closest friends this morning and early afternoon for brunch at Fire. The nice thing was, they didn't even have to be invited! And, they paid me! Plus, the food was (always is) excellent!

Creating the environment for a great party is what I love most about Fire, and that is what it's like every night or Sunday brunch at Fire. A highlight of today was birthday greetings from Ethel, who turns 102 in 4 days. Damn, she was born in 1905! Amazing. She seemed so sharp for 102. I was really inspired. She seemed to really be enjoying life. You would have to to live that long.

I thought of Grandma Kortemeyer today - when I was unwrapping the present Kate gave me. Grandma K could really wrap a present. She usually achieved a level of perfection rarely seen in gift wrapping maybe ever. The other times I think of Grandma K are when I'm setting tables at Fire. Grandma taught me about that when I was young, when I would help her set for family gatherings. I talk to her then, and she is there giving me strength and love. It's nice to have her with me.

More about birthdays tomorrow. 36+. Breathing. Scott

Comments

This comment has been removed by the author.

Popular Posts