Morning Drive

The Church of the Holy Oil Can in the background.

I drive past this church on my way to my M W F morning job. This is on Martin Luther King Drive, heading to I-90. It's comforting to me to have good ol' 90 right there out the window at Stalloy, and so close to my home. I can always find my way back to So Dak, I tell myself.

You've probably heard this from other city dwellers, but timing is everything when it comes to the morning/evening drive. This morning I left 10 minutes later than usual, and I could definitely notice a difference on my street. Probably just perception altered by expectation, but it seemed to be heavier traffic from 7:30 to 7:40. It's definitely very different going down MLK leaving at 8:00 versus 7:30. But then, I'm pretty sensitive to traffic, being a Dakota kid and all. It's probably a difference of 10 minutes to get through the University Circle area versus 5.

Comments

Popular Posts