I Can't Not Do What I Do



I can't not do what I do
Fire does not stop being fire
burning, a fire penetrates
like water flows as it seeks
the most affected while
moving as it wills

This night is forever
it is right now these
words ring empty
there is no beat to this
heartless body
the feeling has died

It is an attempt at
stepping forward into
through the fire and
to the Happy Me in
waiting, The One Who Knows
how good smiling can be

That Me sees back through
while singing and playing
children's games knowing
He's already won as
the fire that burns this
longest night connects me to Me

Comments

May Terry said…
An interesting poem to be posted on this shortest night.

Just passing through,
May
that's funny. I am sitting here laughing at myself. Hooray! Indeed! funny...very funny.

Popular Posts