Time to Relax

Lessons are coming my way everyday, commonly in people, animal, thought and feeling form.Anything the Creator is in, is in Me and can teach me. What I am feeling now is pain in my head that is mostly about my own unwillingness to accept this new work situation. I'm letting go of the thought that I'm not as active as I would like and wishing things could be different. There's been a lot of pressure mounting in my head. I'm done fighting whatever it is I was fighting.

I'm sitting at my computer, underneath the overhang of Skipper Lodge, and it's a beautiful morning. The sun is bright, the clouds are happy, and birds and bugs abound. I have a simple and beautiful job of taking care of campers and staff as the camp med person, and I'm getting free time to do things like write. So what's the problem? My thinking.

I've been wanting to have some time for simple pleasures like writing and reading, however, when my thinking gets in the way like it is right now, I don't have much fun when I do get to write. So, I'm choosing something new. But first, a word or two on what I've been thinking about that has gotten me into this pit.

It all started innocently enough. "I don't have enough to do today." Beginning my day with that thought started a snowball rolling. If I roll with that thought for very long, it becomes a constant drone, a buzz, without words. Once that monotonous drone has begun, I've had a tendency to get lost in my head. Of course, if this happens, I have options. I can either get frustrated, seek some type of escape and get further from Me, or return to breathing, relax and come back to Me. I choose the latter now.

Choosing, then, is the key. Choice is something we all have. Whatever situation we are in, we have a choice. Bitter or better. Breath or mind.

Comments

Popular Posts