Mother and Child


Aside from the fact that they are deer, I love the beauty of this mother and child. There was such a calm about them, a serene nature. They live in Mesa Verde, and everybody loves them here. There's no fear of hunters, just mountain lions. This little one has a lot of growing up to do before winter. Sweet is a word I would use for this scene. I was so blessed to get to see them.

Today I got to spend time with my friend Joker, the very tame ferule horse who lives on the mesa. He's a really pretty, small red/brown horse. I got to within five feet of him today. I hope to get to pet him at some point before I leave. The animals in the park are fun for me. Obviously.

Tomorrow, should all their travels go well, I will get to give a tour to my parents. That should be a lot of fun for me. They are coming in on a long tour of the west, including Wyoming, Idaho for a bit, Utah, and Colorado. Retirement and vacation suits them well. Yellowstone has become their favorite place in the world. Can't say I blame them.

This has been a special day, connected to the Earth, and Spirit. I'm greatful.

Comments

Popular Posts