End of the Work Week

It's been a fun week here in Lake Wobegon...oops, Templed Hills...er, uh, Mesa Verde. Yeah, that's it. Pinch me, because I think I'm dreaming. I get lost sometimes when I think about living in so many different places over the past year and a few months. This definitely isn't South Dakota anymore, is it Todo?

Recently I found out I get to stay until Nov. 8. That's not a promotion, just an extra bit of time they are giving me because they hired me so late. There were four other guys hired at the same time as me who get to stay as well, if they like. What that means for me is I'm just a little bit closer to that next opportunity. It also gives me a little more time to consider what I really want to do with my life now. Still seems like school is going to be a good idea, but what type of school is the trick. Then when and where must be figured out. I have some leanings that I would tell you about, but you'd have no reason to believe me, since I haven't done anything about my past choices for schooling, even after I had put them out for everyone to read.

One thing I can tell you is I love to communicate about things that are important to me, and those things are spiritual and cultural. They are things that tell us about who we are, where we've come from and where we could possibly be going as a people, should we choose. I also like to think and talk about how we can get there, first individually, then collectively.

Thanks for being here, experiencing this life with me. It's a trip, to be sure. Have fun on your trip.

Comments

Popular Posts