Fall, Part II


This picture was taken on the road, literally, to LaPlata Canyon, where I went hiking on my most recent day "weekend", last Thursday, which is my Saturday. Go figure. These hills are part of the LaPlata Mountains, which can be seen from Mesa Verde. The mix of the evergreen and the aspen yellow was marvelous. And then you have the beautiful blue sky to accompany it - Brilliant!

It's gotten really cold here of late. Yesterday I got in my car and the outside temp read 30 degrees. Then, by the time I got to work it was down to 29 degrees. Brrrrrrrr. Today was slightly warmer, and a bit more so in the afternoon. On Saturday we had a very windy day, then Sunday the cold hit like a ton of bricks. But, that's part of the fun of Fall. This afternoon would have been a perfect one for sleeping in the backyard in Corsica. I'd be leaning up against a tree, or lying on the ground, in the tall grass in the sun and out of the wind, snoozing, meditating, running some positive thought through my mind.

It's the practice of being present that makes these times what they are. Sometimes, often, they are connections to deeper places, connected to Creator. I've learned they are not going to happen everyday. But when I connect with that place, I know/remember Who I Am more than before.

Comments

Popular Posts