Let's Do Lunch, Senators

I watched some of the debate between Senators Obama and McCain tonight. It was not obvious to me when I came to the computer that I would do that, but I was reminded by my friend Kate that the debate was tonight so I ended up finding it online.

Politics, debates especially, are like sport to me. I watched with a leaning toward Senator Obama as a person, but just wanted to see the "game." Each snear or chuckle, each sinister smile or attempt at sounding more sincere or every try at speaking to "Joe" by either "team" registered a feeling with me. That's the crap I noticed tonight.

And it's obvious to me, that I still like Obama as a person more than I do McCain. I respect them both as people. But I'm not going to endorse a politician tonight. That's not my gig.

If I was to get my choice of who I'd have lunch with, it would be Obama. Barama, as I like to call him, has a real gentleness which is a quality I like to have in friends. Of course, McCain would probably have some really good stories and be an interesting person to hang with, a grandpa type, so either way, as long as they are buying, I'd have lunch with either of them.

Comments

Popular Posts