Happy Fall/Cliff Palace


Fall is definitely in the air on the Mesa Verde. Deer are moving about more like it's getting toward winter. I'm feeling nostalgic for Summer, and that's one sure sign it's Fall. Jogging this morning felt more like South Dakota than southwest Colorado. I ran with some muley deer this morning. They were already running as I jogged out to the main road toward a trail by Cedar Tree Tower. Then I took off on a dead sprint and got fairly close to them. It reminded me of my brother and all the times I've seen him sprint up a hill after seeing deer go over said hill.
Recently on one of my tours I asked a nice young couple to take pictures of me doing my job. This is for all of you who aren't able to get here to see me do my job. I'm going to put more pictures of the ruins up in the not-too-distant future.
It's also homecoming weekend at USF today, Saturday. I'm reminiscing a bit today. Have fun, if you get to go! Go Cougars!

Comments

Popular Posts