Snow Sun Cold Day

Sun Dog - Looks Like the Zia, a Pueblo symbol
This beautiful sun dog made an almost complete circle around the sun today on one of the coldest days of snowboarding I've ever enjoyed. I got things started this morning at 10:30am, and man what a thrill it was to come flying down the hill in the 4 degrees Fahrenheit. It was exhilarating to say the least.

If you don't know what sun dogs are, they are rainbows that show up around the sun on cold days. Often they show up earlier or later in the day. They appear, from my understanding, as light refracted through ice crystals in the atmosphere. I have never seen a sun dog as bright, clear and defined as a rainbow. Rarely have I seen a sun dog as big and well defined as this one.

I really enjoyed the cold today. Rode for a while with no face covering, but started to get a headache and, after a quick cappuccino break and a face mask donning, I rocked the day. Had some pizza and some pumpkin seeds and water about 12:30 then got back after it. Prior to that I had an apple, as well. Why do I mention the food? I have a suspicion that I eat emotionally. This isn't the first time I've suspected this, or noticed it.

I eat as celebration and a way to feel connected to someone. I eat for acceptance, or a fear of rejection. There are many reasons to emotionally eat, many ways to do so. I'm just starting to explore my understanding.

I have used cafes and baked goods and mocha lattes as a comfort/reward for work. I eat to celebrate around the holidays. We have an ongoing theme, it seems. Thanks for reading. I'll write more about this later. For now, I must sleep. A day of snowboarding in the cold really takes it out of me.

Comments

Popular Posts