Goose Walk

Simple graces are what make living in this small town special. After spending time with family in a Thanksgiving celebration this afternoon, I settled in for a nap and some football. That was all good, but when I awoke from said nap, I still had that groggy feeling from a big meal. So I went for a walk.

The snow was mostly melted. We had gotten a couple inches Saturday morning that made the USF game more fun. Snow and football just go together. Today we must have gotten into the 50's. Kidding. More like 32 F. The air was crisp, cool and damp and had a spring-like quality to it. A flock of Canada geese came barking over me. It seems geese communicate to each other while flying, but with all that noise it seems more likely that their honking is like jet noise, the product of some hidden propulsion system.

Canton is the county seat for Lincoln County, and this picture is of the courthouse, which is where I saw the geese later in my walk.

Comments

Popular Posts