Buddies


Now that my adventures have landed me back in South Dakota for a while, I thought I would introduce you to my life here. Saturdays in the Fall are football and friends time. Football is what connected us to start. From the left, Scott E., Fred, Damon and Jay.

I've known Jay the longest and been in touch with him the most over the past years. Jay and I started school the same year and played football at Sioux Falls College, now University of Sioux Falls. I lived with Scott, another USF football player, just after my last semester in college. Fred and I played together on the USF defense and special teams, and Damon I just missed playing with by a year. I had actually begun camp for my third year when Damon came in, but then I hurt my shoulder and decided to bow out.

This is part of my social landscape around here. This picture was taken last Saturday at Jay and Natalie's house as they hosted us for a shrimp and lobster feed. The shrimp and lobster came straight from our new friend Jason's freezer. He's a fisherman and Coastguard officer in Alaska. He got connected through our friend Brian, not pictured but at the party. Jason brought this feast down from Alaska as payment for pheasant hunting and just because he's a nice guy. We had a great time that day. Thanks Jay, Nat, Jason, Brian and the whole gang for a great time.

Comments

Popular Posts