Back in South Dakota

I've landed in SD again for a while. Staying with my parents is a great opportunity for me to be with them, enjoy their friendship, and help them out with things around the house. They are both retired, and my mother is getting familiar with a new knee. I have the opportunity to use this place as a home base on my journey through life, and have the chance to seek work that will suit me for a while in this area.

I could be back in Colorado and working at Mesa Verde National Park in early April. Between now and then I have lots of time to enjoy a variety of work as well as do some preparation for presentations I would like to do at Mesa Verde this coming year.

One of those projects is a living history talk on a man named William S. Hightower who was a Civilian Conservation Corp worker at Mesa Verde National Park in 1936. I met his daughter and son-in-law at the Park in September of this year. They came seeking first-hand knowledge of the place her father had worked during that pivotal time in so many lives and the life of our country. What has evolved is me becoming more intrigued and excited about this story and the opportunity to act out this story in front of park visitors.

Comments

Popular Posts