It's Sunday Morning

It's Sunday morning, and I'm just awake. There are no birds singing at my window this morning, and it's just barely light out. Birds take the day off on cloudy Sunday mornings, I guess. It's Sunday morning, and work is just around the corner. Work ended last at 12:15 am at the restaurant, and will resume at 9:00 am. I did laundry last night when I got home. It seems like a double shift because nothing much happens between, besides sleep.
I've found that anger can hang in my belly for a long time until it has something to cue it, and then it arises on this stage in a cloud of stage fog. Working with the dishwashers we had on last night reminded me of Little Orphan Annie's "It's a Hard Knock Life." The game is to say just enough about me or anyone, except the ladies, to try to make me really upset. It's done like a game, and knowing the rules somewhat should allow me to not feel angry or hurt. I don't think it works. Last night when I was trying to sleep, I felt a ball of anger in me staying there like a reserve, just in case I needed it. I didn't need it when I slept, so I tried to just express it as I decided to finish my laundry. That didn't work so well either, because the energy of the anger kept me awake. Well, anyway, I know I don't need as much sleep as what I often get but enjoy frequently, and an afternoon nap can be a lovely thing. So, tired or not, world, here I come.

Comments

Popular Posts