Ruler of Late Summer


This summer was magical in many ways. If you know me well, you know the love I have for nature. The monarch butterfly, and butterflies in particular were everywhere with me this summer. They represented courage and freedom, and as such, they were a major encouragement to me in my new endeavors. This photo was taken just before the one below, on that same lovely, warm late summer day.

Speaking of nature, we received a heavy dose of snow on New Year's Day. Seems like a good 12". It was beautiful, especially since I didn't have to drive in it. It was quite the blizzard. Hooray snow! Then I went for a snow hike the next morning around the neighborhood and to Lower Shaker Lake, and along Doan's Brook. I'm thankful for the snow, for winter, and a chance to experience the "lake effect."

Comments

Popular Posts