Bowling Green Wins!

Today I attended my first Bowling Green State University vs Toledo University football game. It's a fun rivalry for me to witness. It was too bad that the game was played when so many of the students were home for the holiday. It seemed reminiscent of State vs U games back in So Dak. Sans the dead jackrabbit or the "fever" for the cowbell. These two schools are about 10 miles apart and are in the same conference, so obviously they have a rivalry, and that's something I love about college sports. The drive and landscape was similar to going to Brookings (home to South Dakota State U. I felt really at home, and can definitely see myself going back sometime. There was something about the road trip, the food, the game, the weather, chatting with folks sitting next to me, etc., that was like soul food for me today. Now maybe I'll get into some college basketball. I do love me some sports, I do.


Comments

genkiboy said…
somebody found himself a college football game! sweet.

Popular Posts