North Chagrin Reservation

Buttermilk Creek, a lovely twisting creek, resides in the North Chagrin Reservation. North Chagrin is part of the Emerald Necklace, a ring of Cleveland Metro Parks that outline the city. Cleveland was called Forest City originally. It was funny when I first heard the term reservation used in this way. It seemed a bit odd to me obviously, because of the way the word is used back home. There aren't too many Native Americans living in Cleveland, at least not that I've met.

Today was a beautiful winter type day. I spent a couple hours out in the park, and about 8 at the restaurant tonight, where I bused tables. It was busy, but I'm more at ease with my job now, and it went smoothly. For some reason I was really uptight about the job when I started. If the truth were to be told, I would have to admit that I've been uptight about most jobs I've taken on here. Seems a pattern for me. But now I know how to do the job without getting in a fuss. It's an awareness thing, and I guess I'm changing. My time in nature getting myself arranged really helps.

Comments

Popular Posts