Celebrating Summer


I never will forget those nights
I wonder if it was a dream
Remember how you made me crazy
Remember how I made you scream
I don't understand what happened to our love
But baby when I get you back, gonna show you what I'm made of .
Don Henley - "Boys of Summer"

This photo makes me feel so very nostalgic. This summer, for all it's challenges with moving to this strange place, et al, was a great summer. It was a teacher's summer, lot's of time traveling, going to the beach, being with family, dating. It was golden.

Give me heat, humidity, sun and baseball. Give me the crack of the bat, a diving catch, an artfully turned double play and a ball crushed to the gap. Take me out to the ballgame, the crowd, buy me hot dogs and ice cold sodas in souvenir cups with pictures of my favorite players on them.

Give me my bike, time on a trail climbing a killer hill, then rocketing down the other side. Give me pretty ladies in shorts and light summer dresses. Make me feel like I'm a kid again, worshiping the humidity, and the boys of summer. But the boys of summer are gone.
Scott Kortemeyer "Golden Days"

Comments

UncL said…
love your pictures and it is good to hear you speak of your life there in C-town with such contentment - I must admit I am a little envious to hear about your ease of attending besbol games - I was at 2 at the Dome in July and loved it - what a pleasant way to pass the time - will we see you around here during the holidays? you should know that the obese steer has been slain and large chunks of beefy roast beef are currently languishing in our freezer waiting to smile at you from your plate - hmmmmmmmm - something to think about - take care and stay well - yrauntP&uncL

Popular Posts