Ritual/Hangout

If I have developed rituals in Cleveland, consistent habits, or anything, they involve favorite stores, food, parks, beaches and ways to get myself ready for work. One of the above in a few categories is Dewey's Coffee. It is a great place to grab a mocha, one of my favorite rituals that has sprung up since my acquaintance with Kate. I get one quite often on my way to work at Fire. This is really convenient, because Dewey's is closer to my apartment than Fire, and ony a little out of the way.

Dewey's is a hotspot for life on the square (yes, and wi-fi, too). I was sitting in the corner of Dewey's that faces the square and the stop sign on North Moreland Boulevard when I took this ghostly picture. Moreland and Shaker Boulevards and the Rapid line split the square into four quadrants. I live just off the northwest quadrant. Dewey's is in the northeast quadrant and Fire is on the southeast quad. The movie theater and grocery are on the southwest quad.

In the photo you can see the trees all lit for the Christmas/Holiday season in the middle of the square. Not far from here, the schools are at least 75 percent Jewish, so they take Jewish holidays off. I have one good friend who is Jewish. Exploring and learning about culture is really fun for me, and my friend is very open with sharing about his culture. Thanks, Larry. You rock!

Comments

Andrea said…
Hey Scott, Was looking for your address & read your "blog." This pic is my fave...I'm addicted to mocha lattes, too! There's a special place for you with all your talents - art/photography, poetry, computers, etc.... I'm computerilogically impaired so I hope you get this msg ok.... Maybe see you at Christmas! Love, Andrea

Popular Posts